We are currently seeking experienced lead Drivers to be the face of our company while making deliveries to some of the area’s most exciting and prominent venues. This is a full-time position.
Position: Driver – Rentals, Linens & Furnishings Division
Company: Select Event Group
Job Location(s):Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; Laurel, MD
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The position requires driving our trucks and managing a crew while interfacing with our clients. This position gives you the availability for overtime and incentive programs.
• Prepares vehicles for usage, including performing pre & post trip vehicle inspections, refueling, and other related tasks
• Logs and tracks vehicle usage
• Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or accidents involving Company vehicles.
• Helps to maintain cleanliness of vehicles
• Assist in loading/unloading trucks
• Ability to perform basic math skills, dropping off or pick up inventory
• 1 year of experience driving straight trucks, up to 26′
• Must pass DOT physical and drug screening (background check)
• Must be available to work days, nights and weekend
• Must have excellent customer service
• Must be able to problem solve
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
•Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations/DOT guidelines.
• Should have knowledge of Maryland, DC and Virginia (DMV region)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lb.
• Minimum of three 3 years of verifiable driving experience as noted through driving record check
• Must be 21 years of age
• Excellent levels of time management
Required License or Certification:
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to obtain a DOT medical card
• 3-year driving record
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
• Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
Select Event Group is a drug-free workplace environment. Compensation includes competitive pay aligned to capabilities, health benefits, 401(k) and more.
Select Event Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Remarkable Occasions Begin Here
We look forward to working with you! Please complete the form below and one of our local Account Managers will contact you within 24 hours.