We are currently seeking experienced CDL Class A Driver to be the face of our company while making deliveries to some of the area’s most exciting and prominent venues. This is a full-time position.
Position: CDL Class A Driver – Infrastructure Division
Company: Select Event Group
Job Location(s): Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; Laurel, MD
Start Date: April 1, 2021
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Driving Trailer 48/53’ to sites helping crew unload and load equipment
• Driving 20-24’ Box trucks when not hauling trailer
• Knowledge of CDL “A” rules to comply with
• Prepares vehicles for usage, including performing pre & post trip vehicle inspections, refueling, and other related tasks
• Logs and tracks vehicle usage
• Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or accidents involving Company vehicles.
• Helps to maintain cleanliness of vehicles
• Assist in loading/unloading trucks
• Stay in contact with central dispatch for all events
• 1 year of experience preferred CDL Class A
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must have valid Class A commercial license
• Must pass DOT physical and drug screening (background check)
• Must be able to problem-solve
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
• Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations/DOT guidelines.
• Should have knowledge of Maryland, DC, and Virginia
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lb.
• Minimum of three 3 years of verifiable company driving experience
• Excellent levels of time management
• Safe driving and accident history
• Ability to lift heavy objects by hand or utilizing power-assisted machinery
• Flexible in schedule- shifts, hours, and days of the week
• All-weather driving experience of at least one year OR a graduate from an approved driving school
• Self-starter requiring little supervision
Required License or Certification:
• Valid CDL Class A Driver’s License
• 3-year driving history
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
Select Event Group is a drug-free workplace environment. Compensation includes competitive pay aligned to capabilities, health benefits, 401(k) and more.
Select Event Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Remarkable Occasions Begin Here
We look forward to working with you! Please complete the form below and one of our local Account Managers will contact you within 24 hours.